The platelet additive solution SSP+ PAS-E is designed to partially replace plasma in the preparation and storage of buffy-coat-derived platelet concentrates or apheresis platelet units. The recommended ratio is up to 80 percent SSP+/20 percent plasma. The solution enables platelets to be stored at 222°C, under gentle agitation, for up to
7 days following collection and according to local regulations.
SSP+ is recognized as the most suitable additive solution on the market that helps standardize platelet concentrates and improve storage conditions. In vitro quality and post-transfusion recovery of SSP+ platelets is well maintained. Both buffy-coat and apheresis-derived platelets perform at least as well as platelets stored in 100 percent plasma.
Benefits of SSP+
- lIn vitro quality of platelets well maintained
- lReduces plasma volume to decrease adverse events (TRALI*, ABO mismatch).
- lReduces allergic and febrile transfusion reactions
- lCompatible with pathogen reduction treatment
- lFacilitates ABO-incompatible PLT transfusions
- lEnables pathogen inactivation
- lMakes more plasma available for other purposes (e.g., fractionation)
- lCompatible with main technologies for preparation of platelet products (e.g., whole blood and apheresis-derived platelets)
- lVolume available: 300 and 500 mL
- lTwo years' shelf-life
- lSteam sterilized