• National health policy 2017 has envisioned ‘health and wellness centres’ as foundation of India’s health. The creation of 1.5 lakh centres will bring health care closer to the homes of the people. These will provide comprehensive health care including NCDs and maternal and health services. And also provide free essential drugs and diagnostic tests. 1200 crore allocated for this flagship project.
• Flagship ‘National health protection scheme’ launched to cover 10 crore poor and vulnerable families meaning 50 crore beneficiaries by providing 5 lakh Rs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization. This will be the world’s largest govt. funded national health program.
• These two new initiatives under Ayushman Bharat program will build a new India 2022 and ensure or enhance productivity and wellbeing and avert impoverishment. We are progressing towards universal health coverage.
• Rs 600 crore allocated to provide nutritional support to all TB patients @ Rs 500/month for the duration of their treatment.
• To increase accessibility of quality medical education, 24 new govt medical colleges and hospitals will be set up by upgrading existing district hospitals in the country. This would ensure at least one medical college for every 3 parliamentary constituencies and at least one govt medical college in each state of the country.
• To make villages ODF, the govt is launching ‘Galvanising organic bio agro resources dhan – Govardhan’ for the management and conversion of cattle dung and solid waste in farms to compost fertilizer and bio gas and bio CNG.
• No change in personal income tax slabs in this budge
• Cess in health and education increased from 3 percent to 4 percent.
• Mediclaim – relief of 50, 000 for senior citizens
Dr KK Aggarwal - Medical Buyer Bureau